Mon Repos Swim Hat
Tribe Tropical Sun and Swim hats are designed to offer premium sun protection in style!
Features of this sun and swim hat include:
- Full cover across the top of the head – no burnt scalps or little ears!
- Thick and sturdy wide-brim providing shade for the face and back of the neck.
- Double-lining for extra sun protection.
- Under-neck tie with adjustable clasp – won’t fly away in the wind or fall off in the water!
- UPF50+ protection, blocking out 97% of UVA and UVB rays.
- Exclusively-designed custom print with a unique Australian flair.
- Buttery soft, two-way stretch nylon/spandex fabric – OEKO-TEX certified for sustainability
- Limited print-run to eliminate waste, environmental strain, and to maintain boutique appeal
- Perfect for the beach, pool, park or playground.
Size S = suitable for approximately age 1 – 4
Size M = suitable for approximately age 5 – 16 (but known to fit older)
Rinse immediately after use. Always hand-wash and line-dry in the shade.
We recommend applying sunscreen at all times whenever exposed to the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Mon Repos Beach, home to the largest concentration of nesting loggerhead turtles in the South Pacific, sits on the coast outside Bundaberg in Queensland. Every year from November to March, people flock from all over the world to witness the magic of the loggerhead’s nesting, followed by the birth of the tiny hatchlings as they emerge from their sand burrows into the world and on to the Coral Sea.
The Earth’s magnetic fields guide the hatchlings back to their birth site of Mon Repos, approximately thirty years after they begin their first journey into the deep ocean; only 1 in 1000 hatchlings will survive to adulthood.
The loggerhead turtle is an endangered species; successful breeding at Mon Repos is vital to their survival.